It is vacation time, and you’ve received an invitation to a friend’s cottage. It might be even better if the host acknowledges that you have a pet and permits you to bring along your furry companion during the stay. To ensure that your friendship remains intact and that you receive future invitations, it’s crucial to follow the basic rules of etiquette.
At the same time, it is essential to consider being equipped with the best pet insurance so your frisky pup is covered for broader-ranging health conditions up to the benefit limit at all times. If you haven’t bought a policy already, contemplate purchasing one because pet insurance cost can be much lower than unplanned vet bills.
In the meantime, read this article to learn simple rules to make spending time in your friend’s cottage a pleasant experience for all of you.
- Explicitly confirm whether your dog can accompany you to the cottage. Even if you assume that your hosts adore your furry friend, double-checking their approval beforehand is best to avoid any surprises. You wouldn’t want to arrive with your dog only to find out that they are not welcome. The same applies if you want to rent a cottage; ensure clear communication about pets and honor the owner’s preferences and rules.
- Even if you find yourself amid a forest, it is essential to handle your pet’s waste responsibly as you would if it relieved itself in an urban park. Properly managing your pet’s waste is necessary to maintain cleanliness and respect the environment, regardless of the location.
- Good manners are important, and barking puppies are generally not well-received. When venturing into town or going to the lake, taking your furry friend along is advisable. While your pet may appear friendly and well-behaved when you’re present, it can become anxious or display strange behaviors with your abrupt disappearance. It’s essential to ensure your dog’s comfort and safety and that of the people and things inside the cottage.
- Canine fur babies tend to roll in unpleasant odors, so it’s advisable to give your furry companion a thorough brushing to remove any dirt or odors before bringing it inside. This simple step can help maintain a pleasant and fresh atmosphere within the cottage. Wiping its feet may not be just enough.
- Sharing your bed with your dog may not be acceptable or comfortable for everyone. Some people may have reservations about allowing dogs on their furniture or beds. In such cases, you have a few options to consider. One option is to acclimate your pet to sleep on the floor well before the cottage visit, so they are comfortable with that arrangement. Alternatively, you can bring your pet’s favorite bed or blankets where they can have a comfortable sleeping area without feeling anxious.
Respect the preferences and comfort levels of your host or cottage owner when doing things during your stay.
Simultaneously consider being prepared with the best pet insurance so your fur baby can avail of quality medical assistance should any health emergency occur. Know that pet insurance costs can be more bearable than surprising vet bills during non-routine vet visits, which is why you should contemplate purchasing a policy.